Tier: Basic, Professional, Enterprise
The Goals section adds structure, insight, and context during your process of accessing social needs for the people you are helping. This section includes a short description of the goal, your notes on each goal, and the latest status of the goal, which would show if the goal has been achieved via successful referrals.
How it Works
Goals can be added either manually or automatically through completing an Assessment. Who can see the goals may vary, depending on if they are manually or automatically created and your sites group provisioning.
Manually Created Goals
When you manually create a goal, only you can see those goals. Unless you are in a role with Team Navigation. In that case goals will be shared with your Team Navigation group.
To Manually Add a Goal:
- Search and access the Profile of the person you are helping.
- Click on “Add Goal” located on the top right corner of the “Goals” section of the person’s profile.
- Choose a goal from the list shown in the drop down menu.
- (Optional) You can click on the pencil icon and add a description to the goal, if desired.
Automatically Generated Goals
If your organization has enabled Assessments on your site, you can automatically generate goals from it. The answers to the Assessment questions can be mapped to specific goals. For example, if a person fills out an assessment and shows that they need housing, a goal for housing will be automatically created on that person’s profile. Just like the manually created goals, only you will see those goals, unless you are in a group with Team Navigation enabled. If Team Navigation is enabled, then all users in that group will be able to view the same goals generated by the Assessment.
For more information on Assessments, access the Assessment Overview article.
Adding Notes to Goals
To add your own notes to a goal, click on the arrow next to the goal you want to add a note. Then click on the “Add Note” button.
Managing the Status of Goals
The status of goals are like internal notes that are not shared with the person you’re helping or the Community Based Organization you are referring to, but these statuses can be shared with other members at your organization if Team Navigation is turned on.
You can update the status of a particular goal with the following options:
- In Progress
- On hold
- No longer a goal
Adding and Removing Referrals to Goals
To add a referral to a goal
- Go to the Navigation History section
- Click on the arrow next to the referral you want to add to a goal
- Click on the “Add to a Goal” option
- Select the Goal you would like added to the referral (e.g. Food)
The referral will then move from the Navigation History section to the Goals section, under the Goal selected
To remove a referral form a goal
- Scroll up to the Goals section
- Locate the referral under the Goal (e.g. I want to remove a program referral from a food goal, so I will look under the Food Goal section for that referral)
- Click on the arrow next to that goal
- Click on the arrow next to the referral
- Click on the Goal dropdown menu to “Remove from goal” to remove the goal, or use that same dropdown menu to assign it a new Goal.
The referral will then move from the Goals section back to Navigation History section
Once the goal is complete, it can be closed by
- Click on the arrow next to the goal
- Click the gear icon
- Select “Close this goal.”
To see previously closed goals, click “show closed” button located just below the Goals Section.
If you need to reopen a goal,
- Click on the arrow next to the closed goal
- Click the gear icon
- Select “Re-open this goal.”