Tier: Basic, Professional, Enterprise
Within the Navigation History section of a person’s profile, you can view and update the status of a referral, start a new referral, and add notes to existing referrals you made on behalf of someone. If Team Navigation is enabled for a role you are in, you will also be able to view and update the status of any referrals you team members made on behalf of the person seeking services as well.
Viewing a Referral Status
Next to each referral made, you will see a circle that will indicate the status of that referral.
The status of a referral can be updated by:
- The person who is seeking services.
- The people who are helping them, or
- The community based organizations that are being connected.
Regardless of who updates the status, the updated status will be reflected in real-time across all dashboards.
Learn More about Updating a Referral Status.
Starting a Referral
To start a new referral for a person you are helping, follow these steps:
- Log into your account
- Click the People I’m Helping > People activity on the main toolbar.
- Search for the specific person you are looking to make a referral for.
- Locate Referrals and Notes inside the Navigation History section, and click on Start a Referral
There will be a banner at the top of the screen, showing that you are navigating for that specific person.
A search will start in the person’s zip code (if their zip code is on file). When creating a new Referral, the person’s information on file will autofill into any Referral or Assessments you fill out on their behalf.
If you click the person’s name on the upper right hand corner where the “People I’m Helping” menu used to be, you will return to the person’s profile page.
To End a Session (When Searching/Making Referrals on Behalf of a Person)
If you are searching on behalf of a person and/or making a referral for the person but now want to navigate to an entirely different person, follow these steps.
- The a banner at the top of the screen will show you that you are navigating for a specific person.
- To end the session of this person, click End Session.
- After ending a session, you will be returned to the People I’m Helping dashboard, where you can search for another person.
Making a Note on a Referral
To make a note on a Referral:
- Open up the specific Referral
- Click “Add Note”.
- To Delete a note on a Referral, click on the trash can icon located next to that note.